Star Career Academy - SCAM SCHOOL!

550 Broad St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA 0 comments
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I took out $15,000 in Student Loans, I passed their Culinary Courses and they couldnt find me an internship in my area, so I had to drive all the way to newark airport for an intern job that I worked alongside illegal Immigrants and people off the street making minimum wage. They told me thats all they could gind me for a job!

And I am still paying off this SCAM SCHOOLS loan!

I could not get a decent line cook job in ANY Restaurant! They laughed at my “Degree” from that pathetic school.

Thank you for putting me in DEBT!

Review about: Star Career Academy Program.

Star Career Academy - My transcripts

2.1
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I was told the number has been disconnected and no further information was available

Comments

im struggling still to get my transcripts as well, and cant sit for boards without them...I don't even know my next turn or who to contact...I haven't had any work because of this, at least not as an MA and still have an outstanding loan...have you had any luck at all since this post??

Star Career Academy - Discrimination,judgmental, unproffesional and dishonest

My time here was awful I was humiliated multiple times for speaking English with an ancient. The most teachers were not helpful.

All they wanted was money.

When you go they tell you everything is included after graduation comes they said you can't graduate unless you pay books and uniform. Sadly now all I have is a big loan.

Review about: Star Career Academy Surgical Technology Program.

Star Career Academy - Star career acadamy bunch of theives

154 W 14th St #10, New York, NY 10011, USA 0 comments

My son attended the school out in New Jersey. He was there for about 5 month, After wasting 5 months of his young life ,they told him This campus did not accredit the Surgical Tech program.

He then decides to move back to New York with us. He started The program in the New York Campus. After almost 2 yrs there he completed the program. After his completion they had him going from one hospital to another ,spent 4 days in a hospital, when he went back the 5th day they said they didn't want anything to do with Star Career Acadamy.they sent him to other hospitals wanted business with SCA.all this time I was paying for his transportation.

My son was very depressed because all these people did was play with our young kids lives.

Today we have a $10,000 student loan and my son cant work in this field because he never completed his internshjp.please if there is somebody out there that can help all of us parents and students do something about this "theft" that's what this schools done to all of our young people is not right!!!!! they ripped us off.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Awwwful.

Star Career Academy - Incompetent staff, dishonest school reps, job placement was a joke.

1.6
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I was enrolled in the culinary program at the 154 W 14th location in New york in the fall of 2013. Initially my experience was fantastic But the instructors i had for my first 2-4 modules where amazing i.e: Devoria Simmons, Gustavo Moya, Jorge Bruderer, and Raymond Childs.

They saw my talent and immediately helped get me in the indusrty also providing me with job opportunities working restaurant launches for celebrity chefs and various private events. But shortly after there was administration change and they were told cease in providing students work outside of job placement through career services. Sadly these instructors left shortly after after having there hands tied. Now they changed the rotation of culinary instructors from each module where as you would only have one for the remainder of the syllabus.

Instead of utilizing instructors to their strengths i was stuck with a lazy,dirty, half assed individual who spent half her time in the faculty lounge as the student went about our day in class with zero direction. And to top it off she would take students to events and write them checks that would bounce, Onique Oliver was her name. Pathetic excuse for a teacher, zero integrity. When it came time for externship i was looking for a out at my current internship but they insisted i convert it to my externship.

Things shortly after that went south after they found out i was a student at star career, the staff treated me utterly horrible calling me star ***, that is how tarnished this schools name is in the industry. So i eventually left. At this point there was another administration change and i was left in the lurch for 6 weeks before they approved the externship site which i had to find on my own because they where to busy dealing with there own ***. Now moving forward, i finish my externship and am given a graduation date and shortly after graduation was told i could not receive my certification because of a missed payment for which i had a receipt for.

Needless to say 3 years later and after completing the program to this day never received or laid hands on a physical piece of paper saying i completed said course. The saddest part is i have a easier time receiving a call back from a prospective employer when i do not list star career on my resume. I have worked at places where the staff has told me they refuse to hire students from here simply for there lack of professionalism and adequate skills needed to perform even the most rudimentary of kitchen task.

Now the few times i did call looking for a job, it was always a *** show nobody would touch basis with me or the positions where complete ***. Happy Star Career academy has shuttered its doors now nobody else can be exploited by the woefully dreadful institution.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of star career academy program from Star Career Academy. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $20000 and wants Star Career Academy to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was predatory lending practices, incompetent career services, dishonest financial practices and abuse of power. Author liked the most instructors. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Star Career Academy for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

HospitableWhiteFacedCapuchin

Same thing happened to me! They did not want to accept the Internship I foubd on my own!

And put me in an internship at the Airport in a food line with people making minimum wage! Why did I spend so mucch money on a “Career” I could of walked off the street to get?And Navient has bought the loans now so if you refuse to pay, they ruin your credit within a month or two!Anyone who took out a loan for this school should be Forgiven!

Completely! It was a total SCAM!

Bloomingdale, New Jersey, United States #1248631

Hey I just read your review and sadly I have to agree that that is the impression I got when I went to check out the school a few years back . I think it is incredible that you are able to find work or better responses from employers if you don't mention the star career academy name I wish you the best of luck I am sure you will do well.

Dan

Star Career Academy - Simple Review #1480350575

The school closed abruptly on 11-15-16 without prior notice. My son has no transcript and now has to repay a student loan. He was only enrolled from 8-29-16 to 11-15-16..

Star Career Academy - Simple Review #1480199378

5.0
Equipment Quality

I AM A FORMER MEDICAL ASSISTANT GRADUATE OF STAR CAREER ACADEMY OF NEW YORK IT BREAKS MY HEART TO HEAR SUCH THING.

Star Career Academy - Chef

1.9
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I went to the Newark Campus just weeks ago and was offered to attend school for free due to their bamboozled ways, Good thing I didn't take out another loan because the day I was to complete the paper work was the same day I seen that school on the news.. Wow 7 a.m.

Like you say the instructors we're great but those sneaky politicians we'll you know how the so call strong takes advantage of the so call weak...

They will answer to a higher authority... I've taken what they gave me and moved forward won't knock my hustle.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy of a product or service from Star Career Academy. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $7000 and wants Star Career Academy to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was taking advantage of the poor, lied about the course, crooks that stole their money and staff. Author liked the most fellow people whom i had the honor to encourage them and all of the students. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Star Career Academy - Simple Review #1479774796

2.3
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I attended the phila campus for MA we had no hubs for phlebotomy class my teacher came out of pocket jus so we could learn phlebotomy as well as using damaged dummy arms where blood would not come out. our skins used for injections would not hold fluid and would squirt in our faces. it was crazy on top of us never having a graduation after all the money and hard work we put in.

Review about: Star Career Academy Program.

Star Career Academy - Company Review

Corrupt company, managers are liars

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Star Career Academy. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Star Career Academy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Education category for more informed decision or compare Star Career Academy to other companies on our site.

Neosho, Missouri, United States #1243173

I purchased a Star Shower in 2015 which I ordered from Collections ETC. Got the lite and loved it.

Took it down in March 2016 and it was working fine....However in Oct. it would not work. Do these only work one season and then quite??? I am rather discussed with this.

I purchased another brand of lite for this holiday season and I am very happy with it.

Seems with the price I paid...I should get more than 1 season usage...is there anything that I can ck out in order to make it lite up???? I am sure that I will receive no response to this comment unless someone else has the same issue as I have had.