1.6
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I was enrolled in the culinary program at the 154 W 14th location in New york in the fall of 2013. Initially my experience was fantastic But the instructors i had for my first 2-4 modules where amazing i.e: Devoria Simmons, Gustavo Moya, Jorge Bruderer, and Raymond Childs.

They saw my talent and immediately helped get me in the indusrty also providing me with job opportunities working restaurant launches for celebrity chefs and various private events. But shortly after there was administration change and they were told cease in providing students work outside of job placement through career services. Sadly these instructors left shortly after after having there hands tied. Now they changed the rotation of culinary instructors from each module where as you would only have one for the remainder of the syllabus.

Instead of utilizing instructors to their strengths i was stuck with a lazy,dirty, half assed individual who spent half her time in the faculty lounge as the student went about our day in class with zero direction. And to top it off she would take students to events and write them checks that would bounce, Onique Oliver was her name. Pathetic excuse for a teacher, zero integrity. When it came time for externship i was looking for a out at my current internship but they insisted i convert it to my externship.

Things shortly after that went south after they found out i was a student at star career, the staff treated me utterly horrible calling me star ***, that is how tarnished this schools name is in the industry. So i eventually left. At this point there was another administration change and i was left in the lurch for 6 weeks before they approved the externship site which i had to find on my own because they where to busy dealing with there own ***. Now moving forward, i finish my externship and am given a graduation date and shortly after graduation was told i could not receive my certification because of a missed payment for which i had a receipt for.

Needless to say 3 years later and after completing the program to this day never received or laid hands on a physical piece of paper saying i completed said course. The saddest part is i have a easier time receiving a call back from a prospective employer when i do not list star career on my resume. I have worked at places where the staff has told me they refuse to hire students from here simply for there lack of professionalism and adequate skills needed to perform even the most rudimentary of kitchen task.

Now the few times i did call looking for a job, it was always a *** show nobody would touch basis with me or the positions where complete ***. Happy Star Career academy has shuttered its doors now nobody else can be exploited by the woefully dreadful institution.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of star career academy program from Star Career Academy. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $20000 and wants Star Career Academy to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was predatory lending practices, incompetent career services, dishonest financial practices and abuse of power. Author liked the most instructors. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Star Career Academy for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Bloomingdale, New Jersey, United States #1248631

Hey I just read your review and sadly I have to agree that that is the impression I got when I went to check out the school a few years back . I think it is incredible that you are able to find work or better responses from employers if you don't mention the star career academy name I wish you the best of luck I am sure you will do well.

Dan